Wednesday, March 08, 2006

the countdown begins

Last day at work before I head down under. Going to be hectic, but I'm expecting hecticness [hecticosity, hecticiferousness] right up until I settle onto the plane. Work will be nuts, then comes the packing fun. Packing for a retent is interesting...plan, think, stage, confirm, change, update, think, think, think, think. Tiring, but effective.

I have an entire rolling suitcase [I call them "pet suitcases", 'cause you constantly see people taking them for walks] of stuff to take for friends and co-workers. Things that I'm told are hard to get down there: Hershey's chocolate and other candies, Finesse hairspray, Mega M&Ms, that kind of stuff. Carrying a couple of bottles of perfume down for our CEO, for a friend of his down there. I'm a mule!!

Got together with friends last night to discuss house/cat sitting. They got a cat a little while ago, and they are very much cat people now. It was fun, sitting around, sharing the stories ["And does she come in while you are using the bathroom? Mine too!!!"]. Heh. Non cat people just wouldn't get it...

Okay, I've stalled enough. Off to do the scrubby-showery thing and face the day. Just a few more hours of hanging in there, and then I'm trading one type of hecticliciousness for a completely different type...one of my own choosing [and that has made all the difference].

No comments: