Saturday, March 25, 2006

is it any wonder?

My life recently has had more than its share of people telling me how important I am to them, but then not following words with actions. In both work and love, I'm facing the truth that it is easy for people to *say* things [and I do think they mean what they say], but when it comes down to it, for whatever reasons, they aren't able to or simply won't back up their words with deeds.

And I am left to pick up the pieces, wonder what it is about me that isn't quite enough for them, and then take responsibility for myself and look ahead. Is it any wonder I'm tired and jaded, and losing that easy trust I once had?

Life happens around you. It can either happen *to* you, or you can make it happen. Time for me to make it happen, and stop waiting for others to live up to their words. I gave them chances galore...time to take care of me.

No comments: