Monday, March 13, 2006

posting from the road

Stealing a bit of time on my friend Jen's computer to catch up on some mail, get some addresses for postcards, and send this quick update. Just spent the last three days in Sydney...it was incredible. It's a beautiful city, painfully picturesque. We walked for miles [literally...we probably did 7-10 miles of tourist wandering, in 90+ degree heat and humidity], pretty much did all the shoreline around the harbour. Ferry rides, the zoo [obligatory pics of koalas, roos, echidnae, emus], tourist sunburn, tchotchke shopping, all the highlights.

Found a necklace that I love...I'll have to get a picture of it. It is a rectangular brushed silver pendant with a cute teeny little ladybug stamped out of a corner of it. My mom calls me 'ladybug', so it's a special souvenir for me. [UPDATE: Just added the photo...]

In Canberra now, at Jen's place [which I really like]. A day or so of downtime, doing some laundry and stocking up, going to wander some local shops, try to hit the beach and expose these lily-white legs to the sunlight for the first time in ages. Then in to the office for a day to work with some folks there [looking forward to meeting everyone], then off to Melbourne for the weekend [and then home, but I'm not thinking about that right now...la la laaaa, I'm ignoring it, it's not there, nope, no sir!].

A girl could get used to this...

No comments: