Friday, April 07, 2006

good. bad. ugly.

Good: I gave notice today. Last day to be the 28th. Scary, jumping into the unknown like this, but good...I'm taking a chance, looking out for myself, getting out of a situation that wasn't good for me. The best part: I'm free to visit my parents, without the overhead of the mess at work weighing me down. Definitely looking forward to it...can't wait. And if I can stretch the budget enough, I'll take some time to figure out what's next...maybe teaching, maybe stay in IT, maybe leave the area, maybe not. The world is my oyster.

Bad: My aunt has Alzheimer's, and has had to be put into a nursing home. She was the eldest of my mom's family, and always a, shall we say, strong woman. I saw her last year at my mom's surprise birthday party, and it was a shock. I really respect her family for making the decision to get her professional care; it can't have been an easy choice. Sending love to her and the family...

Ugly: The weather. Well, not so much for me...I love the rain and clouds. But for the area, it's bad...40 some days straight of rain or bad weather, and the hills are sliding, houses are slipping, roads are collapsing [Devil's Slide is closed again, for the indeterminate future]. One thing I want to do this weekend is go walking in the rain...I love it.

So that's the summary. The big thing: today I closed my eyes, held my breath, and jumped into the void. Wheeeee! Yikes! Waaahoooooo! Holy crap!!

Wish me luck!

No comments: