Sunday, May 07, 2006

the smell of summer

A very nice day yesterday...Jim came over and we grilled in my backyard. He kind of overshot on the volume of food [I tease him that he must have been an army cook in a previous life, with the massive amounts of food he ends up cooking], but it was good: grilled onions, zucchini, peppers, sweet potatoes, chicken sausage, chicken breast [in a really good asian marinade he made]. After the cook-out, we went down to Castro Street in Mountain View for gelato, but found a street fair going on, which was a nice surprise. Wandered it for a while, got some good flavored almonds [butter toffee for me, cinnamon/cajun for him], and wrapped up the afternoon with a banana split. A very nice day, indeed.

Today, not as nice...beautiful weather, but I'm getting a cold. Actually, I expected this: it's the old "been running too much, too busy to get sick, then the minute you slow down, it catches up with you" thing. A little chest congestion, alternately stuffed/runny nose, that tired feeling. But there is a positive side to this: maybe this marks the first of my "two days in pjs" goal that I set for myself during my last week of work [oddly, I haven't been able to fulfill it yet...who know it would be so tough to give in to utter sloth for two straight days??].

Off to medicate a bit, feed the cat, grab some breakfast, get some laundry started, then pick a movie to enjoy...

No comments: