Thursday, May 18, 2006

the sound of breaking glass

Folding laundry a little while ago and heard a CRACK! CRASH! KERTINKLE! [insert Batman-style visual effects here]. There were guys mowing the lawn next door, and it kicked something up into my dining room window, breaking out a pane. They were really cool about it; turns out the guy is my next-door neighbor and does landscaping and lawn work. He offered to replace the window himself; got his card and left a message for my landlord. Swept everything up, pulled out the jagged bits that I could, put cardboard and plastic over the hole [need to run to the store to get duct tape to seal the outside a bit better]. Luckily I was home at the time, so we knew what had happened...would have been more frustrating had I come back hours later, with no clue as to what broke the glass.

Man, there is nothing like the unexpected sound of breaking glass to get your heart rate going...

No comments: