Wednesday, September 06, 2006

when does "late" become "early"?

So when exactly does a late night become an early morning? Just spent the last few hours online with some LOST friends [yup, another "LOST Experience alternate reality game" post...feel free to tune out now]. There is a glyph hunt going on in Manchester, England, and I hated to leave in the middle of it. Plus there was much fun chatting with a bunch of folks that I've seen on the boards...always nice to "talk" real time with them.

The Manchester hunt is reminding me a lot of the "Urban Challenge" experience I had with Joe and Amy. Ixalon is there on-site, and he's using his mobile phone camera to blog what is happening. The folks there get clues to where three codes are hidden around Manchester, and everyone was trying to help figure them out. The first was a glyph [without code], which looked a lot like a map of streets, with dots where the glyphs might be...looks like a lot of fun. Sadly, it is now 4:40am for me, so I'd better get some sleep.

I'll catch up with it all in the morning...

4 comments:

scifiguyuk said...

Hey how you doin? Just new to this whole blogger thing, but finding it fun so far. Just thought I'd send you this to say hey really, and I guess to start meeting people, and your blog was pretty cool man. Just starting out my blog, tell me what you think of what I've got so far. Laters!

scifiguyuk said...

Also, about late nights turning into early mornings, I've been there many a time, best way to live!

stacey said...

Thanks much, scifiguy! Welcome to the world of blogging...your blog looks great. [Tried to leave a comment...are they hidden?]

Bummer about no Apollo in Scotland. I'm hoping the San Francisco distribution comes through...have to wait until the 20th to find out [assuming I'm in town for it].

Cheers!

scifiguyuk said...

Hey, thanks. Not sure if they are hidden or not...lol, probably. I'll try and sort it out, not exactly sure what I'm doing, but hey, it's a learning curve I guess. Gotta love it!