Wednesday, November 22, 2006

evil fudge *rocks*

Just poured a batch of Evil Fudge to cool. Oh my god, this stuff rocks. Some of the ingredients: a pound of butter, a pound of cheese [yes, cheese...makes it creamy and thick and gives it a great flavor], cocoa, vanilla, walnuts, and four pounds of powdered sugar. Yup, *four* pounds. Now you understand why it's evil...but oh, so addictive.

This is a command performance, by special request. I'm going to Karen's for her annual "Waifs and Strays" Thanksgiving dinner...each year, she and her husband Bob put on a lavish spread for singles and couples that don't have their own local families or celebrations. I've been to more than one, and I've had a great time [even fell in love at one of them...fond memories]. Karen requested the "cheese fudge", and I was happy to do it. Really looking forward to tomorrow...haven't seen Karen in person since last year's feast, and can't wait to catch up. There are some friendships that don't need constant tending...and I'm lucky enough to have a few of those in my life. Karen is one of those friends, and I love her dearly.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. Thanks for sharing these little random bits of my life with me.

No comments: