Thursday, March 08, 2007

a brevet promotion

Well, I am now "IT and Operations Manager" for Code Green Networks. It's not as glamorous as it might sound...it means that my manager, the VP of Operations, has given notice, and some of his responsibilities are being passed down to me.

No pay raise, and the additional things I'll be taking on aren't directly related to IT work, which is something I need to think about. I have always been a "jill of all trades", and it suits me...but I have also spent the past 12 or so years gaining experience and momentum in an IT support career. Granted, I've always had a varied and random skill set, but the question now is whether I want to let those IT skills possibly stagnate as I take on more manufacturing and ops responsibilities.

In the meantime, it's one foot in front of the other, keep breathing, nose to the grindstone, get through the day...

No comments: