Tuesday, March 13, 2007

still kicking

Life continues. Feeling helpless about Mom and Dad, wishing I could afford to be back there with them, and at the same time not knowing quite what I would add for them if I were. Hoping they know how much I love them and how much they are on my mind.

Work is work, getting busier and more hectic as I take on more of operations and manufacturing. Still not quite sure what it all means for me, but riding it out for now. One of those "time will tell" kind of things...

Not-work life is moving along. Been pulling in my boundaries a bit, trying to pay more attention to the signals my head, heart, and body send me. Vicariously enjoying Rod's retail therapy, already plotting how to get myself invited to his place for a BSG marathon on his soon-to-arrive swoopy new TV [hi moviestar!!]. A surprising conversation with Matt last night, fun in a way I wouldn't have expected when I was working with him. Off to see Sir Mix-A-Lot in the city with Susy this Friday [though I haven't heard back from her, so need to try again]. Got together with Jen last week, good to catch up with her. Keeping in touch with Lisa, hung out with her and Josh watching "Heroes" [Lisa is one of the folks that has been there for me through thick and thin, and I treasure her]. Sushi and movies with Vince, very good time [it's nice to have a sushi buddy...I loves me the sushi]. Dinner with Anne this past weekend, and we always schedule the next one so we have it to look forward to. Fairly content with social side of things, though of course I would love to have a snuggle-buddy...I do miss cuddling. And somehow the cats just don't quite do it for me...

Off to have some more manufacturing fun...

No comments: