Sunday, June 24, 2007

acceptance

Weekends just aren't long enough, especially when you've had a good one. Spent Friday night resting and getting my voice back [finally]. Saturday I spent some good time with Rod, blissing out on Kioku sushi [mmm, Nero and Godzilla rolls...], seeing the new Fantastic Four movie [it was bad, but in a fun and entertaining way], spending hours talking and catching up. A very good, very relaxing time...

Today was the Pride Parade...this year's theme was "Pride, Not Prejudice". And like always, the underlying theme is acceptance. Who you are, who you love, how you are built...doesn't matter. Be you. Be proud. Be strong.

The parade was as fun as ever. George Takei was hanging out on the Google float, which made me very happy [I'm such a dork]. Naked guys on bikes. Lots of bouncy breasts. Leather. Smiles. Beads. The woman next to me who also came from a small midwestern town, and shared my love of the acceptance and joy that the parade and San Francisco embody. Feathers. Faeries. Dykes. Bikes. Mikes. Bikes. Bears. Abs, butts, boobs. The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence. Families. Friends. Support. Love. Acceptance. Fierce, fierce pride.

Fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad I missed it.

I'm free of the abuse said...

Wish I could have gone but that was the day we hit the road. This wednesday will find me making banners for the Bellingham Fetish Freaks section of the Bham Pride Parade :) YAY! Sunday is the parade :) Can't wait!