Tuesday, July 24, 2007

a glitch in the matrix

Shower time is my thinking time...I go on auto-pilot with the decades-old routine of scrubbing and cleansing, so my brain is free to move about the cabin. Sometimes it's the hardest part of my day, as my brain goes wandering into mine fields and shadows, imaginary conversations are held, things are replayed and rethought.

Today I'm scrubbing and sudsing, off in deep thought about life, the universe, everything, paths, lines, opportunities, life being short, making time for what's important and what matters, washing my hair, rinsing my hair, thinking, soaping, washcloth, scrubbing, pondering, rinsing soap off, washing my hair, thinking, wait...what?

Yah, I washed my hair twice. So lost in thought that I hit the end of the tape and it looped back and began again. The routine so nice, she did it twice. Deja vu, man...

1 comment:

I'm free of the abuse said...

2 shining glitches in my matrix. Both happened while pregnant and you just reminded me of them. Once, I did the whole shower routine, got out, wrapped my hair in my towel, got dressed, put on makeup, walked out the door, and tried to get in the car. When my towel wrapped head hit the top of the car was when I realized that I had forgotten to do my hair. Le sigh.

The second was even worse. I shampooed, rinsed, conditioned, washed the body, got out, wrapped my hair, got dressed, makeup, remembered to do my hair and realized that I had forgotten to rinse after the conditioner.

I blame pregnant hormones for mine but thank you for the giggle today :) I needed it!

Miss you chickie!