Thursday, July 12, 2007

happy hour

My last happy hour as a Code Green employee...it was a lot of fun. About 30 people showed up, which is the most I've seen. Good group, fun conversations. I bought a bottle of Tequila, some lemonade, and some root beer, then poured it out in shot glasses for everyone [shots of lemonade for the non-alcohol types], then thanked everyone and toasted the company. I really enjoyed myself [even though my credit card didn't go through for some reason...calling the company now].

[Side note: the frickin' shakes hit me hard as I was pouring...those "essential tremors" that I've been dealing with for a while. They come and go, and they get worse when I try to lift heavier things one-handed [like a tequila bottle] or do precise work [like holding a full shot glass]. I had to ask for help pouring, but I've been dealing with this off and on for a while, so while it's awkward, it's not embarassing to me. Though to be honest, tonight scared me a little bit...it hasn't been quite that bad before. And a good friend pointed out recently that I have a slight tremor/tic around my mouth [and thank you for noticing, my friend], so it's another data point to keep an eye on...if it starts interfering with my quality of life [and tonight was kind of close], it's time for a battery of tests to see what is going on and what can be done.]

Tomorrow is my last day at Code Green...those last moments are always a bit weird, bittersweet, whoohoo/boohoo for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mixed emotions: I am SO sorry; I would have offered up my help a lot sooner had I realized a bit earlier... yet, also glad I was able to (eventually!) help, and also extremely thankful that we have so quickly established a bond that I felt that I could point it out -- without any sense of awkwardness at all... You are, of course, welcome!

stacey said...

No need to be sorry at all...you were wonderful, right there when I needed help. It was nice to have someone around who knew what was going on, that I didn't have to explain it to.

And [gasp! she started a sentence with "and"!! ] I too, am thankful for that connection...those are rare in life, and I feel lucky to have it.