Saturday, September 08, 2007

sigh, cry, moan, groan, grumble

AAA made it out in about half an hour, nice guy, great service from Ellison Towing. However...

...the battery for my car is dealer-specific [the way the battery is clamped down means the top is molded very specifically]. Okay, we jumped the car, got it started so I could take it to the dealer. However...

...the parts and service department is closed on the weekends. The nice woman at the dealership gave me the MINI roadside assistance number. However...

...the very nice woman on the other end of the phone told me that most California MINI dealership parts and service departments were closed on weekends, that I would have to contact my dealer on Monday. However [and this one is good, finally]...

...she called around, found a dealership in Pleasanton that was open, stayed on hold with them to be sure they had the part, and told them I was coming. She gave me the address, so while we were on hold, I printed directions...so now I'm heading out the door [the car has been running this whole time, since there is no frickin' way I'm turning it off].

Cross your fingers that there isn't another "however" in the story...

No comments: