Monday, November 12, 2007

"tastes like maple syrup"

A really good time tonight...an unofficial Facebook party to celebrate 50 million [plus] users, held at the Blue Chalk in Palo Alto, open bar and live music by The Spazmatics [80s rock]. MyFriendJen was my +1, and we had a lot of fun...I was so glad she could come. We danced, we bopped, we enjoyed...a good time was had. She headed home around 11:30p or so to check on her guy [who'd been out with his own buds and apparently had a *very* good time]; I walked with her to the corner then came back to keep dancing.

It was a little slow after the band came back for their third set, but then it picked up. In between 80s songs, Eric [of Facebook] came up on stage and played guitar...he rocked a Green Day tune. A bit later, another FB guy [Andy?] sang his lungs out on "Living on a Prayer". Serious points to the band for sharing the spotlight with grace and class. Towards the end of the evening and the last set, things definitely got livelier and the crowd got a lot more into it. I kept on dancing at the front, having a blast and sharing smiles with the band [and maple caramel lip gloss with the gorgeous-under-the-dork-getup lead singer [twice :^)]. As I headed out to walk back to Jen's for my car, the incredibly sweet and smokin' hot bouncer that Jen and I had been talking with earlier in the evening asked me to dinner...a very nice way to end a very fun evening.

Now to wind down and try to get a few hours of sleep before heading in to work...and to make a note to myself to buy more of this lip gloss. <grin>

No comments: