Monday, November 26, 2007

these need to go away now

* "at the end of the day" - specifically when used in a context that does not LITERALLY MEAN "at the termination of the current period we acknowledge as a day, be it the work day or sundown or midnight"

* "I threw up in my mouth a little" - just stop. this has ceased being funny.

* "it is what it is" - I get the concept being expressed, but whenever anyone uses this, they seem so dismissive

More to come...

[and yes, I am sure that I say things that people just roll their eyes at and want *me* to retire...but this is *my* blog so I get to post these. So there... <ppbbbbtttt!!!> ]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"this is what it's all about"

As in the person who has lost something but looks lovingly at what they do have and says "This is what's really important. This is what it's all about."

Nope. Never is.

stacey said...

Ouch. Yeah. Which reminds me of another one:

"Everything happens for a reason."

You know what? It doesn't. Sorry. It's up to you to *derive* meaning from events...active, not passive.