Friday, November 07, 2008

i tried

I tried to poke my head out this week, to be a bit more social. And while it was good to be able to hang out with people I click with, I realized that I'm not there yet. Further along, but still not there. It took a lot of energy to maintain the mask. I didn't realize how much until the next morning...I woke up with swollen jaw, painful neck/shoulders, and a blinding headache. A large part of it stemmed from the dental fun the prior morning [hours in a dental chair apparently aggravated my damaged C4 vertebra], and then the strain of the previous evening took opportunistic root and stayed. Ended up having to stay home, with ice packs and ibuprofen, trying to stay as still as possible. So now I'm behind at work, still hurting [the jaw/tooth is much better, but the neck and shoulders are still fighting], and stressing about losing the pay and having to work extra overtime to keep my paycheck stable [especially with the dental expense that just hit].

So now I crawl back into my shell, and vow to listen to myself more closely next time...

1 comment:

Rowlock said...

Message received and understood.

Take good care of yourself, my friend. Know that we're thinking of you, and we're here any time you need us, but that we understand you have to do what's best for you right now.

Hope you feel better very soon. Get as much rest as you can, take it easy, and call me if there's anything I can do to help.

*big hug*