Sunday, November 19, 2006

contented sigh

I had planned to get up and out this morning, head to the farmer's market, to the coast, wander around, but as I was contemplating getting up, one cat jumps up with me and curls up on my legs, then the other one jumped up and settled down on my chest.

It was a sign.

So I snuggled in under the furry, purry goodness and dozed off. Woke up once, they were both still firmly ensconced in the covers...I just couldn't disturb them, could I?? What kind of horrible person do you think I am?? I bowed to the inevitable and put my head back down. When I was finally able to extract myself, I stretched, padded to the kitchen in my big slippers, made some apple-cinnamon oatmeal, grabbed a book, and sat contentedly down at the table to have breakfast [er, brunch].

I love days like this.

No comments: