Sunday, January 28, 2007

rainbows have nothing to hide

Rainy, grey days are my favorites. The main reason: you are free to feel however you want. Happy, sad, gloomy, upbeat, thoroughly neutral. When the weather is sunny and bright, and you feel anything other than sunny and bright yourself, you inevitably run into chipper types who say perkily, "Smile! How can you be glum on a day like today?? It's so *gorgeous* out!!" But on grey days, no one urges you to be gloomier if you are feeling up, no one chastises you for being down...you are free to be yourself.

Another reason to like rainy days:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the overcast/rainy days. They somehow feel more real to me than sunny and warm days. I always figured it was because I grew up in the northwest and that kind of weather would make me nostalgic.

stacey said...

Hello, fellow quacker! It's nice to hear from someone else who appreciates grey days...usually I just get people shaking their heads or trying to argue with me. But every once in a while, someone nods and agrees...it's like a secret, exclusive club. Kind of like we know something they don't know...