Monday, January 08, 2007

you try to be a nice guy

Apparently spammers have been using my domain in their reply addresses; this means that I've been getting a bunch of bounces from their annoying spam campaigns [joy]. Today I received an email to one of the spoofed addresses from a woman DEMANDING that she be removed from my mailing list. Since it was direct contact, I tried to be a nice person and responded that I was also a victim of the spammers and that I felt her pain.

Her lovely, ever-so-understanding response: "That is so ridiculousi dont know any of you that means that i certainly dont want mails of any of you" [all typos and bad grammar left intact]. Lovely, eh? She just didn't get it, and seems like she didn't bother to read my response [or didn't care in her indignation]. That's what I get for trying to be a good guy.

Sheesh.

No comments: