Monday, April 23, 2007

not a good morning

Woke up in the wee hours shaking and shivering, aching all over. Pulled out extra blankets [making sure the sacrificial blanket was on top, of course], only to start sweating and overheating. Checked my temp [101], took some ibuprofen to see if it helped, and eventually managed to drift off a bit...not real sleep, but an odd state where you know you aren't asleep, but you aren't fully aware, either.

Got up to discover that Bean is recovering from the effects of the anesthesia and surgery...or rather, her bowels are recovering. A lot. So I spent half an hour cleaning up the bathroom and her...and since she has dissolvable stitches, I couldn't just throw her in the tub and clean her off. I feel awful, and I really don't want to be cleaning up cat shit while shaking and fevery.

And to top it all off, my new manager starts today...so I'm sick, running late, and on the verge of tears. A lovely Monday.

No comments: