Friday, April 13, 2007

thunda from down unda

Just got back from seeing "Thunder from Down Under" in San Jose. They were at the Miami Beach Club...quite an entertaining venue, especially if you like neon electric palm trees, restrooms with no toilet paper and doors with no locks, and a huge marlin on the wall.

Tonight made the hat trick with Susy: Mix-A-Lot and Good Vibrations, Passion Party and The Brass Rail, and now male strippers. VIP tickets meant early entry, seats right at the stage, and a pre-show meet and greet [or as I called it, "greet the meat"]. It was a lot of fun, and the guys were having fun too, which made it better...and I even saw a few body types that I liked. I'm not a fan of the super-ripped bods with creepy crocodile abs, so tonight was a nice surprise...the guys were toned and fit, but more swimmer/surfer builds than body builder types. The MC [also a dancer] was my favorite...not that I would turn any of them away, mind you. <grin>

And for souvenirs: an autographed poster that I won, and a photo with the guys, signed by all of them plus their "Guy Friday", the one that ran around making sure all the props were in the right place [and more importantly, not in the wrong place], ran the merchandise table, and generally kept everything humming along. I was the only one to get his autograph...I think I surprised him.

Now to hydrate and head to bed, soothed to sleep by the persistent 'heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee' sound [my other souvenir of the evening, courtesy of too much volume, too much bass, and too many screaming women].

G'night all...

No comments: