Wednesday, July 11, 2007

thanks, susy!

If it wasn't for happening to run into you today, I wouldn't have realized that the Harry Potter movie opened today and not Friday [my separated-at-birth twin/brother/clone confirmed that Friday was the original release date, but they moved it up to squeeze in more weekend revenue].

Armed with that new bit of knowledge courtesy of Susy, I decided to take my chances and see how the crowds were. I headed over to the theater around 5:50p, parking lot was fairly full. As I walked up to the window, I got a bit worried...people were already lining up for the *7p* show. Figuring I had nothing to lose, I went up to the window and asked about the 6p show. Plenty of seats still available, so I got my ticket, walked straight in, got one of the good "put your feet on the railings" seats, and enjoyed [while feeling slightly smug when thinking about those folks standing outside waiting in line for another hour while I sat there already enjoying the movie]. To make it even better, it was "free popcorn Wednesday" for Movie Watcher members, and I also earned enough points to get a free movie ticket. Whoo hoo!!

[And yes, I'm deliberately not commenting on the movie. Go see it, then we'll share observations and opinions...]

No comments: