Monday, January 21, 2008

and she's back

Sort of. Trying to get my head back into the proper workaday space. It was good having Mom here last week...I miss my family, and it was nice sharing the day-to-day with her, even though the circumstances weren't what we would have liked them to be. Now I'm back at work, with a monster deadline looming for all of Finance...lots of late nights and weekends coming up in the next few months. Going to carve out some time for me in there somewhere, but won't be as much as I'd like [but then, it never is]. Still trying to decide if the finance world is for me...my skills are definitely coming in handy, but as I've said often, just because you are good at something doesn't mean it's what you want to do. And I really miss the IT world and the people who inhabit it...I miss rubbing shoulders with geeks, nerds, and dorks on a regular basis.

But for now, I'm heads down in the land o' fixed assets, doing what I can to keep things moving forward...which is pretty much how it goes for a lot of things, isn't it?

No comments: