Wednesday, January 23, 2008

better the second time around

Saw "Cloverfield" again last night. Saw it opening night...lines around the block [literally], packed house. Initial impression was that I liked it, but it didn't rock my world. Then I went again with my friend last night...and I *really* liked it on the second viewing. We sat a little farther back, which made a huge difference [trust me on this], and I was able to relax into the story a bit more and catch details and nuances that I hadn't seen the first time.

Not posting a lot of details, in case you haven't seen it yet. If you are going to, mind the shaky camera [the theatre has warning signs about possible motion sickness] and keep an open mind. This isn't your typical "bad things happen, military swoops in, good eventually prevails with the help of a plucky average joe" type of movie...and points to J.J. for that.

[Okay, one little spoiler: watch for the splash at the end. I missed it the first time around.]

No comments: