Thursday, March 27, 2008

bleary-eyed

Finance group outing to Napa today...shuttle leaves the office at 6:45a. I don't mean to sound ungrateful...I really do think it's cool that they are doing this for the group. But I'm going to have to work this weekend to make up for not being in the office today, I'm really not a 'group wine tour' person, and they are planning on drinking heavily [so much so that they have planned for sickness bags for the ride home, just in case]. Oh, and there are going to be games on the bus ride to and from, like "tell two true things and one false thing about yourself so the group can guess which is the lie". I'm not a fan of those forced socialization games and 'rah-rah' activities...it's hard for me to muster the right enthusiasm and interest.

I will likely end the day thoroughly drained and wiped out, the introvert in me struggling to keep up with the demands this type of social situation can put on you, with a serious need of recharging that won't be able to happen for a while. But the mask will be on, the smile will be firmly planted on my face, and I will end up having a decent time, I'm sure.

I hope.

No comments: