Wednesday, March 12, 2008

thoughts

* I've got good people around me. I don't make close friendships easily, so I treasure the ones I have.

* I've recently been described as "confident", "vibrant", "effortless", and "a true friend" by multiple people. Except for the 'true friend' [which I try very hard to be...respect for myself and for the people around me is a core part of my beliefs], I don't see it. But I am flattered by the faith the people I love have in me.

* Work is not all there is to life. We know this, intellectually, but putting it into practice is a harder thing.

* Another core part of Stacey: the belief in paths. They cross, they coincide, they diverge. It's natural, it's expected, it's healthy.

* One of these days, I'll find someone who follows their words with actions.

* Amendment: I have those people in my life right now...maybe not as partners, but I am fortunate enough to have people I can trust and lean on.

* I am fortunate enough to have someone who loves me enough to tell me hard truths.

* An interesting take on the 'confidence' thing from one of the aforementioned someones: just last night, when I said that I didn't *feel* confident or strong or vibrant or whatever, they told me that I am a rarity in that I like myself, I accept myself, and I am comfortable with who I am, while striving to continue to improve and grow. They said that it is this part of me that comes across as confidence. I'm going to have to think about that.

* I wish I could blame other people for my own decisions/choices/consequences, even for a little while. I could use a respite from the introspection.

* It's hard to type with a cat plopped over your right forearm.

* Stalling in the morning doesn't make the day start any later...it just makes you more in a hurry.

* Life goes on. Life is short. Stay as true to yourself as you can. Take care of others. Take care of yourself. Love each other. Care.

No comments: