Tuesday, March 14, 2006

starbucks down under

Sitting in a Starbucks in Manuca, Canberra, sipping an iced chai tea latte, typing this on my Blackberry. How trendy of me.

Walked to Parliament House (in 90-something heat), snuck into a tour there. Impressive place, huge, modern. Sat in the House of Representatives, walked through the Senate, played tourist and bought postcard for Jen (Aussie slang) and one for me, and found a not-too-expensive Canberra t-shirt.

Going to wander Manuca for a bit, then head on back to relax a bit and freshen up before Jen gets home. It's been good being with her...I've missed her. Jason is wrong: we aren't "peas in a pod", but our differences really mesh, and our similarities are fun.

(Ooh! Just as I finished typing this, James Blunt came on..."Cry". I really like him...wish I could afford tickets to his upcoming SF shows. Maybe I'll make it happen...)

No comments: