Tuesday, March 28, 2006

pass it on

As I was walking out of Long's last night, a man asked me for spare change. I gave my now sadly automatic, "Sorry, I don't have any" response...then for some reason stopped, turned around, and asked if I could buy him a sandwich.

"I'd like that. That's why I was asking for change...I'm trying to get something to eat."

So we walked down to Quizno's, ordered some sandwiches, chatted a bit while waiting [his name was David, he's originally from Massachusetts, he's having some rough times], and then we went our separate ways. As we left, he thanked me...I asked him to do the same for someone when he can. Good luck, David...pass it on.

1 comment:

Lady Godiva said...

Know I just commented, but this just sounds like something I would do. I'm proud to know there are human beings out there that care. You gotta be quiet a piece of God's work. Maybe the brain monkey's are working on me. I also haven't been able to sleep. It's 1:30 am and still wide awake. Anyone up for parcheeze?