Thursday, June 07, 2007

happy dance

Yay! As I was tearing my hair out with the infected machine yesterday, I posted the issue and what I'd done so far to the spywareinfo forums [http://www.spywareinfo.com] to see if anyone had any ideas. Then when I made progress and actually tamed the evil beastie, I posted the steps I'd taken, in case the info might help someone caught in a similar trap.

Well, this morning I woke up to find a reply telling me that someone else had the same issue, and used my post to help them get their machine back. Happy!

Folks, this is what I love about IT: the community, the sharing of knowledge, the gazillions of different ways people approach things, always learning something new. The net [teh intraweb] is great for that communication and sharing...a communal mind, people posting, asking for help, receiving it, beating on problems, and commiserating if they can't be solved. And it feels really good to know that I was able to help someone else out, after all the times I've been the one needing help. And *man* it feels good to be doing some IT support work for a change...

<whistles a happy tune>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep making those deposits to the Bank of Karma and you'll exist in Nirvana before you know it!