Wednesday, June 27, 2007

another in the series

Another glimpse into "Stacey's Psyche"...this is from the 2001 series. Ooooo, imagery...this one is based on the concept that if you don't know pain, you can't appreciate love as fully, much in the same way that you need to have ugliness to truly know beauty; otherwise, it becomes mundane and you lose sight of the qualities that make it so special. The flip side is that if you cut yourself off from the world to avoid being hurt, you also isolate yourself from the things that might bring you joy. You have to risk in order to achieve.

Actually, looking back at some of these, I think I was trying to talk myself into being more positive, trying to convince myself that there was light at the end of the tunnel. I desperately needed to know that it was all going to be worth it, and that I would get through it okay.

I eventually did. It wasn't easy, or quick, but I did.

...pollution...

i wish i may, i wish i might
i wish i had the strength to fight
i want to kick, i want to scream
i want to wake from this dread dream

the air is foul, the land is spoiled
the mountains toppled, the water soiled
such is the state of my inner world
no flags to fly, the banners furled

slowly i heal, bend to the task
raze to the ground, remove the mask
admit the pain, embrace the change
allow the hurt, find the range

emotions high, emotions low
now is the time to let them flow
by feeling the pain, it dulls the ache
feeds the strength, new steps to take

cleanse the land, the inner soul
slowly climbing towards the goal
of peace and joy, contentment found
center myself on stronger ground

build from the hurts, learn from the fear
embrace the now, shed the tear
must see beneath to appreciate above
the deeper the pain, the deeper the love

--010116sg

No comments: