Tuesday, December 02, 2008

a break in the clouds

One of the best weeks I've had in a very long time. Saw the new Bond movie and Transporter 3. Got some really productive stuff done at work. My VIP tickets to Live105's 'Not So Silent Night' came in, which should be an awesome show: The Killers, Death Cab for Cutie, Bloc Party, Franz Ferdinand, and Jack's Mannequin. Can't wait.

I spent Thanksgiving at Karen and Bob's, their annual 'Waifs & Strays' gathering...so good to catch up with Karen, Bob, Jeff, Vince, Wayne, Steen, Jeff [a different Jeff], and to meet some really interesting new people. I miss Karen...it had been a couple of years since we'd seen each other, and when I got there, it was like no time had passed at all. Fun drive in the fog back over 17, got the cats taken care of, and crashed into bed.

Friday was spent avoiding the crazy shoppers [an annual tradition for me]. The rest of the weekend flew by way too quickly...went out one night and had a great time just chilling, bopping to music, people watching; slept in the next morning, did some random stuff, then crawled back into bed [contented sigh]. Movie marathon one night. Found a CPK in Palo Alto that I hadn't realized was there. Walking, wandering. Kicking back on the couch, remote nearby, annoying cat trying to jump up every 15 minutes. Starbucks Caramel Apple Cider. Panda Express. Reading. Sharing music. Web surfing. Hanging out.

In short: I was able to just *be* for a while. Bliss.

The only downside was no sleep [say hello to my friend insomnia], which led to me having to call in Monday and stay home and medicate. But you know what? I have no complaints.

No complaints at all.

No comments: