Monday, February 23, 2009

cue alanis

How's this for ironic: remember me mentioning that a friend's ex-girlfriend decided he'd been having an affair with me for at least a year? And his other ex was convinced I was a redhead who had been "scamming on him" for months? Well, because of all that drama they caused, we ended up talking a lot more over the past few months...

...and now we are dating.

Seriously, it never would have happened if all that other drama hadn't come up. He had broken up with his girlfriend and had a redhead he was interested in, I had broken up with Brian and wasn't interested in dating at all. We were friends, sometime coffee buddies, and fellow commiserators who bitched about the world to each other...when the accusations first started flying, we rolled our eyes and scoffed. "Pfft! No offense, but puh-lease...you just aren't on my radar." Then the drama continued, and escalated, and we talked more, and slowly it became "hmmm...*would* I date this person? I mean, they are cool and we get along, but would I really go out with them?" Eventually we figured what the heck, it was worth a shot...what's the worst that could happen, right??

So weird how things work out...never would have guessed this one in a million years. See, I told you: life can surprise you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The roller coaster of life, twists and turns, then for the excitement...a few loops! Funny how things turn out sometimes. Best of everything Sis.


Munchkin

stacey said...

Thanks, munchkin... >>hug<<