Wednesday, July 22, 2009

introversion fun for everyone!

A busy Saturday: a BBQ for the newest members of the Santa Clara County Fire Department's Volunteer Division, an honor that Will put in over a year-and-a-half of time to get. He gets sworn in a few weeks from now, but they had the barbeque a bit early...a good meet-n-greet for current and new members of the department. An awesome group of people, hung out with his other fellow "new guys", met a bunch of the firefighters and other volunteers, heard stories, got to know the Chief a little. All in all, an awesome day, followed up by hours of playing Civiliation IV with Will [danger, danger!! Time sink!! Danger!].

Sunday was literally a day of rest for me. Frickin' introversion killed me...I had an awesome time Saturday, but apparently it drained me [and my resources were already a bit low, so I was screwed]. Slept really well, got up, watched some Winnie the Pooh while curled up on the couch with Will...and fell asleep. Woke up a little later, he got up to get ready, I was going to shower...and I fell asleep. Woke up, found Will playing Civilization IV, so plopped down behind him to watch him play and conquer the world at Ghandi's expense...and I fell asleep.

Apparently I needed some sleep. >.<

No comments: