Tuesday, May 02, 2006

a fateful mouse click

[So I had a whole thing typed up about a lot of things whirling around in my head: having two terminal parents, trying to figure out the what/when/where thing, dealing with the passive-aggressive and the inertia-bound, being lucky to have true friends, seeing the difference in who I was six years ago and who I am now, trying to be in the moment, juggling commitments, fighting minor health issues, and so on. Then I accidentally hit the wrong mouse button, which took my browser back a page, thus losing every incredibly wise, poignant, salient, soul-baring bit.

So rather than retype it and relive it, I'm just going to say this instead: I'm frickin' lucky. Even with the money concerns and the life situation, I've got a lot. Friends, real friends. Family, who have been there for me and made it possible for me to challenge myself, knowing that they could catch me if I fell. Love, in various forms, past/present/future, which I am richer for having. A roof over my head, the ability to get regular meals, and my mobility. Occasional bursts of perspective, frivolity, insight, goofiness, randomness, introspection. Wishes, dreams, desires, all of which have the potential of fulfillment.

Yeah, I'm going to have down times. And I'll whinge about how much life sucks sometimes. But overall, life is good...and thank you for being part of it.]

No comments: