Tuesday, May 02, 2006

grumbly

Grumble, mumble...a grumbly day. Little things piling up and making a little storm cloud over my head. Got stiffed for about $40 at Dave and Buster's last night [I paid with my credit card, and people didn't pony up enough cash to cover the $240 tab...tried to get it cleared up, but no one would admit they hadn't paid enough]. Then some folks went a little nutso with my game card, and ended up burning through the $25 I had put on it. It was all for Kathy's birthday, but I can't afford to pay for everyone else's fun, darn it. Add to that the cost of the game card from my own party there, plus the amount I plunked down in SF last weekend, and I'm burning cash too quickly. I want to spend time with friends, and I enjoy it, but I just can't afford it.

Been trying to get my keys back from the folks who watched my cat for me when I went to Australia [we've been trading cat-sitting], but didn't hear back from them even though I was trying to buy them dinner to say thank you. Now they are in touch, and need some cat-sitting [well, cat-picking-up-at-the-cat-hotel]...not a big deal, except there is some last-minute notice to get my keys and theirs, and by the way, the carrier may not be available you may need to go to the house, pick it up, go pick the cat up, then go back to the house. Not necessarily a big deal in itself, but with the other frustrations, it adds up.

And I'm getting little or no time to just recharge. I've got a lot of things I need to do, errand- and project-wise, and I also have some social commitments that are weighing on me. It sounds stupid to complain about having to do social things, but I can't afford it all, either budget-wise or recharging-wise right now. I have commitments now every night through Sunday, and I'm freaking out about the money. I'm going to end up cancelling most of them, which sucks, but I just don't have the cash to spare [especially after the last two Dave and Buster's trips]. Plus I have to pay for my trip back to Ohio, and there are things I have to get done while I'm off work, which will cost money.

Sigh. Grumble. I'll get over it. But I've got some serious cutting back to do to bring some peace of mind...because the current situation certainly isn't giving me that.

No comments: