Friday, October 05, 2007

much needed

Got to spend time with a very dear friend tonight...she came up my way after work, we had some extremely yummy pizza at Patxi's, then wandered University, got some coffee, sat, chatted, caught up with each other and basically relaxed. I love this woman...I can just relax and be myself with her, don't have to censor or wear a mask. She delivered the coolest shirt that another friend brought back from Cabo for me: a pirate skull and crossbones, demanding you surrender the booty. My friends know me so well... :^)

Tomorrow is heading to Sacramento to see a "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" stage show with Susy. It will be the second time we've seen it together [my third time], and I am really excited about it. It's a unique story, very sweet and powerful and strange and tender and funny, with really good music ["Origin of Love" is one of my favorites]. Seeing it live is amazing...not as much detail as the movie, but much more immediate and personal. Can't wait...

"And when you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice..."

No comments: