Wednesday, October 24, 2007

the universe is laughing at me

That will teach me to taunt the universe. It saw that I was in my 'path less traveled, face the fear, take the shot' introspective mood, and it decided to call my bluff. Big time.

Facebook counter-offered.

One [big] difference: I would be working on fixed asset accounting, using my IT knowledge, retentivity, and familiarity with corporate-wide asset processes to help pull things together. I've been doing a lot of it for years; this would be making it official and my primary role. It is outside my comfort zone, but within my abilities...and the potential is worth the risk. The suckiest bit? Having to miss out on Atheros. They are the rockingest IT team and just plain excellent people, and I was really looking forward to joining them. Sigh. No reward without some compromise, I guess.

So this is me...practicing what I preach, taking a leap of faith, changing my path, taking a chance, taking the detour, trying something new.

<holds her breath and plunges in>

No comments: