Thursday, November 01, 2007

long dark teatime of the soul

A long night, with zero hours of sleep [literally...got home around 7a, fed the cats, a quick shower, then off to work]. But I don't regret it, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat...very good time spent with a very good friend, sort of an existential slumber party. Life doesn't hand you those moments often, so they are worth grabbing...even if it means a day of, to quote a sage soul, "draggin' ass like a dog with hemorrhoids" [<snort> now *there's* a mental image that sticks with you].

Today is an all-hands company meeting...tradition is that all new hires in the past two weeks have to stand up, introduce themselves, say what they are working on, and one thing they've learned in their first days at Facebook. Weird, since I've technically been here for a few months, and it's not my normal mode of operation, to be honest...I'm not good at those 'rah rah' things. Going to be interesting when you add on sleep deprivation and a pensive mood...whoo boy. And I just realized that I'm wearing my Rob Zombie sweatshirt...rock on. :^)

Off to caffeinate and find some toothpicks to prop the eyes open...rah, rah, sis boom bahhhhhumbug.

No comments: