Monday, April 24, 2006

yay and yuck

Yay for a great night with some friends. It's my last week at work, and some folks took me out to Dave and Buster's [fun bar/arcade].Seven of us, drinking, noshing, playing video games, and getting the crap beaten out of us by Heather, the undefeated air hockey champion. Much fun.

Not so much fun was the call I received from the alarm agency as I was heading home, telling me there was a power outage at work [the third time in a month a specific circuit breaker has been thrown]. So here I am, getting stuff back online, because of course, this is the breaker that powers our T1 [translation: internet connection and email for entire company], our PBX [translation: the phones], and AC for our network room. It could be worse, definitely, but it's still not happy.

With luck, I'll be out by midnight. But I have to be back in on time tomorrow, since we have no other IT coverage [the consultant doesn't come in until 2p tomorrow].

Heck of a way to go out during my last week...

No comments: