Thursday, August 09, 2007

been a while...

Mom and Dad are gone. It was a good visit...a really good one. Mellow, a bit of personal tourism ["let's drive the path of Stacey's life, from present-day Palo Alto, winding up, up, up the Peninsula"], a trip to Monterey and the Aquarium, lots of good conversations and shared laughs, the San Jose Flea Market, working our way through season two of the new Doctor Who [I have the coolest parents].

A wonderful, goofy, complex, sweet, crazy birthday package from my father. Shared tears and a loving shoulder with my mother. Mutual pride. Showing off of friends and family to each other. A few hours away on my own, which helped me appreciate the time with them that much more.

Somehow fifteen days flew by faster than I would have thought possible.

Thank you, Mom and Dad. For coming out, for sharing the time, for letting me show off my world to you.

I  love you.

No comments: