Sunday, September 30, 2007

tricorder readings are nominal, captain

Out geocaching today, and cracked myself up when I realized I was essentially a Star Trek landing party: get the readings, circle in to the specific spot, try not to attract too much attention, explore strange new worlds, avoid the alien muggles, observe the area and civilization around me, all while holding a bit of technology out in front of me, scanning the area. I literally laughed out loud [LLOL] when I had to reset my compass, which had me turning slowly in circles, the GPSr in front of me, looking for all the world like a redshirt with a tricorder, scanning the territory for hostile aliens [luckily I made it to the end of the episode, unlike most redshirts].

From now on, I'm not going caching...I'm going startrekking. :^)

No comments: