Wednesday, September 12, 2007

a wish fulfilled

For years, I have wanted to have a ring made for myself...a simple silver ring with "life is short" engraved on it. I wanted it as a reminder of how fleeting life is, to make the most of the moments you have, to find contentment where you can and make it happen if you don't have it. Another interpretation that I like is that everything changes, everything ends...good things can end, so cherish them, and bad things end too, so have faith in yourself and you'll come through the other side.

This weekend, I found an artist at the Mountain View Art & Wine Festival that makes custom rings, and I finally made it happen. With big thanks to Janet Wight of "Jewelry for the Soul" [http://www.jewelryforthesoul.com], I now have a very awesome silver band with "...life is short..." on the outside, and "be content" on the inside [see my earlier blog entry for why that is meaningful to me].

I'll try to get a picture that does justice to it. In the meantime, check out Janet's site...the fortune necklaces are especially cool.

[Update: She is going to be at the Santa Clara Art & Wine Festival this weekend.]

[Update^2: Finally got the pics posted!]

No comments: